Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cracking clear night.......what to do.

paul mc c

We have a proper crystal clear night here tonight,and looks like the best night in a very long time,but do i spend hours imaging,probably with a lot of disapointment at the end,or do i just look at the sky like i used to do visually and maybe sketch some like i used to enjoy doing......cant decide.

21 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

We have a proper crystal clear night here tonight,and looks like the best night in a very long time,but do i spend hours imaging,probably with a lot of disapointment at the end,or do i just look at the sky like i used to do visually and maybe sketch some like i used to enjoy doing......cant decide.

I've got about 5 astro-related things I'd like to do tonight...as I haven't had much time to get out there, it being the 4th time this year (work has been crazy)

Going for the easy option of the Dob and some old celestial friends, and some new...maybe a sketchbook, too!

21 minutes ago, Beulah said:

Been out for session 1, bagged Dumbbell, Ring Nebula, Albireo, Andromeda, Wild Duck Cluster, Saturn, Swan Nebula... session 2 a bit later on....  ?? 

Get out there, folks; it's gorgeous, tonight...

Nice one Sam. Count yourself lucky, still cloudy here, been raining cats and dogs all day!

I just had a lovely time in the garden in the south of Ireland with a crystal clear vista of our section of the galaxy, thanks to this thread for reminding to get my ass outside when imaging. I get too bogged down in the technical aspects of imaging and forget to enjoy what got me interested in the first place. Good excuse for a nice glass of whiskey too?

Hi Paul,

In Derry here - and this has to be the first clear sky in 3 months. For me there’s no contest - if the sky’s clear then the camera has to come out. Am currently imaging the North America nebula. It’s been so long since I used the scope I forgot that I had left a cap on the inner end of the field flattener. Took me an hour to figure out what the heck was going on.

Hope you have a good night.

Barry. 

Just back in for a cuppa,deceided to set the 12" dob on the patio and am imaging in the obsy....just on m31,and have had a look at the usual suspects,ring,dumbell,veil double cluster and just had a look at m45 to name a few,still great skies so i think it will be a long night for me, and if i have the usual frustrating processing of my images,at least i have been under the sky just viewing what ever comes along.

A beautiful night here last night especially to the east looking to Perseus and Cassiopeia. A nice bonus was that it wasn't cold!  M31 quite extensive even with modest binos. Short session, sadly, due to busy day today but enjoyable.

Archived