Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nikon D7100 tethering with live view

DanLXIX

I thought I'd take a look at some camera control software but I'm having the same problem with my Nikon D7100 via the USB cable:  qDLSRDashboard can't find the camera, Backyard Nikon and APT both connect but give no live view. OAs a double check, I downloaded the Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 trial and that gives me a live view so I know it will do it.

Have I missed something?

You may have missed something.

Both BYN and APT specifically state that the Nikon D7100 works in live view.

The dashboard one also mentions Nikon live view in passing because the Nikon has a live view timer that the other cameras don't.

I have used non of the above :)

Dave.

Well it turns out that live view will work on BYN and APT as long as the camera is not in manual mode. No idea why so I'll have to try and work that on out!

Still can't get qDLSRDashboard to connect via USB, so I suspect that might be a WiFi job, which means buying the Nikon module so that will have to wait.

I don't understand what's going on Dan.

I've got a Nikon D7000 and I downloaded APT. I don't know the program but on switching on it just seems to work. I selected the Nikon D7000, put the camera in manual, pressed live view and up came live view. To take a shot just switch off live view ( As it happens this also stops the camera heating up ) and it takes a picture.

To change camera settings and see the changes on camera then just switch off live view once more and the camera shows all the settings on the top LCD.

Dave 

Archived