SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

kielder starcamp oct 2018

astronymonkey

Hi I am going Thursday - Sunday. I will be bringing my 18" Dob and Esprit 100 on EQ6-R. I will most likely be observing clouds!!! I look forward to meeting some new faces and catching up with ones not so new.

Hi I will be arriving / camping between 5 - 6pm Friday, following a few hours work in Hexham. If conditions are good I will take along the 14" dob, if uncertain the 8" perhaps. I will also be taking my 85mm frac and likely 16x70 binoculars. What to observe will depend on conditions, I have an itinerary drawn up, this consists of certain reflection nebulae, dark nebulae and planetary nebulae amongst show-piece seasonal DSO's. Looking forward to it no matter, haven't been for a few years. The campsite at least should be in good condition, after the long hot dry summer, the reservoir had receded and part of the route of the old railway line to Kielder had become visible (the route can still be seen perhaps about as far as Falston).  It is currently the Kielder Marathon weekend, the site will be in full use for this but is in dry condition, even a promise of some good clear skies and potential frost tonight, so may head out tonight to -  at least there shouldn't be any late season midges around this year - hopefully. 

Hi folks, good to see some dobs will be there and some visual observers as i dont have the  patience or skills for the great things some people can do with astrophotography.

Ill be bringing my 16inch dob along with some simple 10x50 bins to keep packing the car simpler.

I must admit ive lost my enthusiasm for the past 18 months so this will be my first proper outing - so im going to keep it simple and just take my biggest scope.

So for me im after a few planets, some dso, im gonna try for the the horsehead too which has evaded me for years.... im also gonnna take my trainers and get in a run or two if i can.

Kielder is always a friendly starcamp so im really looking forward to it and aim for friday to sunday.

Cheers

Archived