Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fireworks Galaxy NGC6946 through an Esprit 150ED... again

Laurin Dave

The Fireworks Galaxy NGC6946.   Added some more data last night in an attempt to improve on my previous efforts (posted in deep sky and in my Album Esprit 150ED) giving L 46x120s plus 180*60s, R 54x120s, G 50x120s, B 58*120s and Ha 23x300s totalling nearly 12 hours. Scope Esprit 150ED, Mount AZEQ-6, camera ZWO ASI1600mm, Filters ZWO LRGB plus Astrodon 5nm Ha, Guiding ZWO OAG.  Processed in Pixinsight and finished off in Photoshop.  I came across and followed John Rista's "Pixinsight Tip for Effective Noise Reduction ", first time I've used it and it seems good.  

Think I'll give this one a break now until next year.

Thanks for looking

DaveFireworks_LRGBHa.png.a06120abf5856401242711f865d5d62e.png

That's worked well. For me the NR is a little too intrusive since I think a bit of grain looks natural and I suspect it's taken the edge of some of the crisper little details - of which there are plenty in this image. A big refractor is a mighty fine imaging tool.

Olly

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:17, ollypenrice said:

That's worked well. For me the NR is a little too intrusive since I think a bit of grain looks natural and I suspect it's taken the edge of some of the crisper little details - of which there are plenty in this image. A big refractor is a mighty fine imaging tool.

Olly

Thank you all for your comments. I've had another go, this time with less noise reduction, and you're right Olly, it's better. In particular the outer halo is more prominent..   Looking forward to  meeting you when we visit next August. 

Dave

Fireworks_LRGBHa_C.thumb.png.6bcb7e9e3d4f93c6600e25246fdbbbbe.png

Archived