Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trius 694 dropping out

DaveS

Was having a go at the Crescent last night but was thwarted by my newly cleaned Trius 694 continually dropping off the system. Would get repeated bongs from windross saying Unknown USB device not recognised, and Maxim DL showed the camera temp as 501 deg. Devices and Printers showed the camera and FW had disappeared.. Had to disconnect the camera in Maxim then unplug and replug the USB lead, when it would be recognised again, only for the same thing to happen a few minutes later. At first I thought I may have set the cooling too low, overloading the cooler, so brought it up to -20 from -30, but to no avail.

The FW is connected to the camera hub, then both go through the DDM 60's internal hub. Not had this problem before, and I had my ASI cameras in the same configuration with no problems.

Any ideas?

I'll try a process of elimination on Friday, as I'm working late today.

You may try to replace your USB cables. One of my cables (not the cheapest one) just stopped working some time ago between two sessions. Also you could check power cables. 

You may also use some contact clean spray on usb ports in your devices (also on power sockets as well of course). 

If not the USB cables then perhaps one of the hubs into which they fit. Of all the stuff in our robotic sheds, hubs are by far the most unreliable. I must have returned six of them, of various makes.  Indeed I've just been up to one this morning, in fact, and one of its sockets has stopped working. Changing to an unused socket has fixed it for now.

It might also be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the camera drivers.

Olly

Thanks Olly

I'll have a go at the drivers, but I don't think it's the camera hub, as the filter wheel shows up again, and it's not dropping off on its own. Hope it's not the DDM hub, as it's internal and avoids drag.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine uses an SX 674, and there's a bug in the Ascom driver apparently that locks the camera out in SGP when a sequence is paused / aborted and maybe other scenarios.

This might be a similar thing happening with yours - do you use an Ascom driver or is it supported natively?

Another issue could be the PSU - have you confirmed that's ok?

I'm running Maxim DL 6, using the SX drivers via ASCOM. The power comes from the main mount PSU routed through the mount. I could get a second PSU to run just the camera.

I know the Trius hub isn't the problem as the FW isn't dropping off.

I'll look at another USB cable, as that might be playing up.

Archived