Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Lithium (LiFePO4) Powertank Pro

FLO

There is a lot to like about the new 13.2Ah Celestron Lithium (LiFePO4) Powertank Pro ?

It's LiFePO4 chemistry holds up to 2000 charge cycles and has an un-recharged shelf life up to 10 years! So you won’t have to remember to recharge your battery every few months (like with a sealed lead acid battery). 

It has a 12V DC 5A telescope power port (Celestron cable included), a 12V DC 10A car battery adapter port and two 5V DC USB ports - one 2.1 A and one that supports rapid charging.

One side of the unit features a strip of LED lights in both bright white and red. This turns the unit into a convenient safety light during star parties or a work lamp to clean up your observing area when the night is done. And it's white light can illuminate an entire room, so perfect during a power cut! 

Compact and light enough to attach to a tripod leg (velcro straps are provided) so you won't trip over it in the dark. 

cel_pwrtnk_lithium_pro_sm.jpg

• 1 month later...

@Alan White @Stargazer McCabe @RayD, nothing to see here, move along now ???

@Captain Magenta Yes, I did buy one and would recommend it. Very handy, useful to have the 12V socket. I ran my GP-DX off it the other night without any problems. I did read that you can't use both the 12V socket and the USB sockets at the same time which is a bit of a limitation if true, but not the end of the world.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

@Alan White @Stargazer McCabe @RayD, nothing to see here, move along now ???

Sneaky ?

Worth noting actually that LiFePO4 packs prefer, and are quite happy, to be discharged lightly and recharged more regularly rather than heavy discharge cycles, so don't be afraid to give them a quick recharge between sessions etc.

I'm tempted with one of these myself for temporary power when doing reviews and testing items.

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

...Yes, I did buy one and would recommend it. Very handy, useful to have the 12V socket. I ran my GP-DX off it the other night without any problems. I did read that you can't use both the 12V socket and the USB sockets at the same time which is a bit of a limitation if true, but not the end of the world.

Brilliant, thanks Stu, it's on the birthday list, failing that the Santa list.

Cheers, Magnus

Archived