Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants.thumb.jpg.0a6deb4bf0886533629e2bdc08293bc9.jpg

BinocularSky

Binocular Sky Newsletter, October 2018

The October edition of the Binocular Sky Newsletter is ready. As well as the usual overview of DSOs, variable and double stars, this month we have:

*   The ice giants, Uranus and Neptune,are still available
 *   Certainly one, and possibly two comets within reach of binoculars
 *   Lunar occultation of a bright star
 *   Possible asteroidal occultation for Shetland

To pick up your free copy, just head over to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab. You can also subscribe (also free), which means you won't have to wait a few days extra because (like this month) I've forgotten to announce it and update the website.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the newsletter I like recieving it.

• Like 1

Thanks once again.  Some great objects on this edition.  Looked at 752 in the st80 a few weeks back. Must try it tonight with the 10x50s, very underated.  Never had any luck with m33 though...

• Like 1

M33: It's easy (in a dark-ish sky) as long as you know what you're looking for. Forget "galaxy", think ""a patch where the background sky is slightly brighter". Jiggling the binocular (or ST80) may help.

• Thanks 1

I spent Saturday teaching myself how to use a router for the construction of my (now finished) 90mm Mak pipe mount - it got quite tiring by the end of it! 🙄  The skies cleared and I was in need of some quick and relaxing observing - cue the October newsletter and the monopod mounted Apollo.  A lovely hour and bit was had with plenty still to go at - many thanks, Steve.

• Like 2