Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12V adapters

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a dew controller and therefore need 12v power outside. I'm running my rig off of a 4 way plug socket in a dribox which is extended from the mains in the house into an RCD plug.

Will these two items work fine for plugging a dew controller into? 

12v.thumb.jpg.f58e364f1bc1f10c372250df7150b8ba.jpg

ok thanks for the reply. what would you recommend then? I don't want to use a battery and as I say I'll be using mains power. There's so many different types of 12v adapters etc. I have no idea whats good and what isn't.

3 hours ago, smr said:

ok thanks for the reply. what would you recommend then? I don't want to use a battery and as I say I'll be using mains power. There's so many different types of 12v adapters etc. I have no idea whats good and what isn't.

That’s a difficult one, as there are so many ways to power all your kit, personally I use a Pegasus ultimate hub, but at a cost of nearly £500 that’s probably out of the question, there are cheaper power hubs around..

In saying that if you stick at the hobby you WILL end up with something like that, after probably trying loads of other cheaper options first..I did..

Are you any good with a soldering iron and are you happy to go the DIY route...?.

I Know you said you don’t want to use a battery but I use one of these with 8 rechargeable AA batteries for my nexus. I’d think it’d be fine for a dew controller and its very portable.

1FCF6610-2BE7-490D-B07B-AB0E3149F63E.thumb.jpeg.2848d0e2dbb165a80a7f0242cf066069.jpeg

Archived