Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hiya, long time non poster

MattBin

Hiya been on here a while but haven't posted anything. Kitwise I have sw ed 80, eq5, which I have just converted to goto and Canon 5d3 for imaging. Unfortunately I live in a town centre and my neighbours have outside garden lights so that restricts me somewhat but looking forward to trying to get some images of something/anything soon ?

Welcome to this great forum. ? I will be very interested to see what images you manage to get with so much light pollution, considering my own light polluted site, and me thinking about dipping my toes into that side of things...

Welcome from land down under, where do not have same issue with light pollution

Also have a SW ED80 on EQ5 mount

Use car battery jump pack to power my EQ5

Recently got SW Wi-Fi unit, and downloaded SynScan App

Still experimenting, and very happy with the App

John

Skywatcher ED80.jpg

jump start pack.jpg

SynScan Wi-Fi adapter.jpg..jpg

Screenshot SynScan APP.jpg

On 02/10/2018 at 12:46, MattBin said:

looking forward to trying to get some images of something/anything soon ?

Welcome.

I would start with Andromeda if you have a view to the north and east. You can use short exposure times (I use anything from 30s to 90s at ISO800) and it is pretty high in the sky at present once it gets really dark; it's also a wonderfully rewarding dso to image.

Enjoy!

Archived