SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi New beginner here!

I did fully remove the ring, and the threads on the ring and focus tube are both cross threaded. 

Also the screws at the bottom of the tube where it tapers in, the paint is cracked and flaking badly.  

The boxes inner and outer are both damaged that end too, I'm reluctant to toy with it more. 

The place I got it are a distributor but it shipped from Germany, my wife is going to drop it in tomorrow. 

Edit: The white part in the ring is a dust cap. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome.

It may be a good idea to visit a local club.then you can get an idea of what's out there.most people will allow you look through there scope.you will be in an ideal position to draw up a short list .and go from there.remember take your time and see what suits your needs.

Hope this helps.best of luck.

Welcome from Land Down Under

As an all round scope, you can not go past a Skywatcher ED80, on a HEQ 5 mount

The Skywatcher now also has available a Wi-Fi unit, and able to control the mount from SynScan App on your mobile device

Attached pic is of my ED80 on an EQ5 mount, and day taken,, also has solar filter fitted

John 

Skywatcher ED80.jpg

• 2 months later...

Great service from the store, they exchanged the scope with no issue, they threw in a 70° EP as a sorry as well, I quite like this as it makes finding things easier for a novice.

I got some great beginner astronomy books for Christmas, I also had some point earn't at an Astronomy website so I got an Antares Erecting diagonal to replace my standard one.

I just need some clearer skies now! haha

Archived