Narrowband

astroshop.eu

lancerde

Just a quick recommendation for AstroShop.de. I've placed two orders with them and both arrived two days later. Competitive pricing and very fast delivery within Germany. They also put a little pack of Gummi Bears in both boxes :smiley:

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

I'd just like to give a thumbs up to a positive shopping experience with astroshop.de.

I wanted a Bresser Messier AR127L on an EXOS 2 Goto mount. Their price of 944 Euro translated into £843 inc Paypal currency conversion fees beat the next best price of APM (£900 approx) and Optical Systems (£1076) by a useful margin. For the record, the only UK dealer is Telescope House and they wanted £809 for the manual version of the mount, with no Goto option offered.

All were quoting 'Shipping normally within 3-5 days' which is a bit ambiguous, as it does not say when it will actually arrive at you and therefore suggests drop shipping. I enquired what delivery lead time I could expect via their contact form and recieved a reply with two hours. The 3-5 was from the 'supplier' to them, with their onward shipping taking a further 2-3.

I placed the order on the Thursday before Easter. A couple of hours later, I received an email saying that the supplier was indicating a delay of five days and therefore, did I still want to continue with the order? The 7 day weather forecast was rubbish, so I said no problem, reckoning on an 8 to 14 working days total.

8 working days later, on Thursday 11th, I was sent shipping notification with a link to the carriers shipment tracker. This was regualrly updated, even once it was in the hands of Parcelfarce at the UK end and indeed, the data now included the Parcelforce shipment number too. Two working days later on the morning of Monday 15th, the scope and mount were sitting by my desk at work. 10 working days including the quoted 5 day delay - Not bad at all.

Thanks to astroship.de for being quick with replies and being honest with them too.

Russell

• 5 years later...

I have very recently made a purchase from  https://www.astroshop.eu/ who are based in Germany.

I purchased an eyepiece on the 25.09.2018, which has duly arrived today 01.10.2018, well packed and in perfect condition. Very good communication, tracking info, delivery time, especially considering this was over the weekend. They used UPS, who provide updates as to where your parcel currently is, when it is going to be delivered.

• Like 3

I have bought a few things from them and they were excellent,also i bought an ES eyepiece from an American company and the eyepiece developed a fault and astro.eu replaced it with a new eyepiece,something the American company wouldnt do.

• Like 3

Just ordered a small part from the guys and girls at Astroshop.eu.

Arrived promptly and came with a small packet of Haribo :)

Flo, I have to ask, I get Haribo's from our Euro friends and polystyrene and clouds from you! Only kidding, Flo and Astroshop.eu are top merchants and come highly recommended by me.

Jelly Beans Flo?

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Before purchase, communication by their e-mail system iwas very good with queries being dealt with personally the same day. sometimes within a few minutes.

Placed an order.

The goods arrived on time.

The goods were defective.

I reported the defects to their e-mail system.

This time standard replies that they have a large volume of messaging to deal with. 2 weeks later a reply saying that they send a return shipping label.

I return the goods.

2 weeks later, I get a refund.

After payment, no offer of help or any response to my questions. No offer to fix or offer a replacement. Total lack of communication once the car had been shifted from the forecourt.

HTH

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi all. I was a bit apprehensive ordering from Astroshop eu because of Brexit but it was to be frank the cheapest place for a Lunt CA-K module. So I pressed the button and arrived a week later. Lot's of communication and tracking day by day.  It was a breeze and arrived with no extra import duties or vat. Great service from Astroshop eu. Many thanks. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 1

This is a warning for anyone located outside the EU that may be considering using Astroshop.eu. If you will, or ever have made an international order please read on as you may be due a significant refund. 

Before I outline my experience I’ll give some background for those that are not familiar with making international orders.  Any retailer located in the EU and delivering out of the EU should not collect their respective VAT. Same applies for UK retailers delivering out with the UK. So, using the UK as an example, if you order a product that costs £500 including VAT then an international customer should not pay UK VAT @20% meaning a total of £416.67. You will then likely pay import taxes and VAT in your home country on delivery. The vast majority of companies I have made international orders with do this automatically at checkout or update prices if they detect you are browsing from abroad. 

To my experience. I had landed on the Astroshop.eu site a few times and finally decided to make an order on a couple of items. I noticed while going through the checkout process that German VAT was not being removed, even when providing a delivery address outside the EU. I delayed making the order and sent an email to their customer service. I received a response within 24hrs advising that I should write in the comment field when ordering that this delivery is out of EU. I would then receive a refund of the German VAT and the customs invoice for delivery would be updated. The day after making the order I received notification that the order had been processed and was being prepared for delivery. I checked the invoice and noticed that German VAT had not been removed. I contacted customer service by phone and they apologised and said they would correct this immediately. I then received an updated invoice which showed no VAT but the total amount was still the same I.e. they had zero’d VAT but just added the equivalent amount to the non VAT total. I contacted them again and they apologised again and this time I received a correct invoice with VAT removed and I was notified that the difference had been refunded to my card. I was assured this was also correct in the customs documentation provided to the shipping company. 

The shipping process was smooth and I revceived the product within 72hrs (Germany to Norway). However, when I received my import invoice from DHL I noticed that the declared amount included German VAT meaning I had now paid 25% extra Norwegian VAT on that German VAT. Essentially,  paying VAT in two countries and then some! Fortunately, in this case that was not a significant amount. I have contacted the company again and I expect I will receive another refund. For me it’s likely to be nothing more than a frustration that will eventually be rectified. What is more worrying is that it seems unlikely this would have been noticed or corrected unless I was aware of the tax rules. With a more significant order this could easily run into a significant over payment. I have no idea why their website and payment system do not automatically correct for this with international orders. I have asked why this is the case. The cynic in me says it’s by design. Whatever the reason if you have made an order please check back and ensure the invoices are correct. If making an order please stay vigilant to it to ensure you don’t overpay!

Open to DM’s if anyone needs clarification on this. 

Edited by Icesheet
Spelling and grammar
  • Thanks 2