Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The moon

A few nights ago I had my first proper go at the moon. Last time I did it it was 2 years ago with my phone through an eyeiece.

This time I used my canon 700d on the 10" quattro and I've taken 200x1/1000 sec ISO200 exposures, preprocessed them in PIPP, stacked 60% best ones in AutoStakkert 2 and finished in Registax 6, photoshop and lightroom

20181001_074237.thumb.jpg.bc76bb3b86729f85a07156c1442901cf.jpg

Emil

Thank you guys, I'm glad you like it!

I've seen quite a few photos of the moon taken with a dslr and the results were impressive. In 3 weeks time I'm gonna do a space presentation at my daughter's school and I really wanted to have a good shot of the moon to show the children. That made me do the best I could and it looks like the result is pretty good. ?

Hi, yes that's really good you even got some of the colour  difference of the lava plains, one of the best moon images I've seen. yep you got it! Ton.  looking at some other moon pics this is very close to perfect, the more I look at it the better it seems to be?

9 minutes ago, oldannie said:

What a lovely shot.  It's very easy to overdo the color but yours is just right - love it.

Annie

Thank you Annie. All I did is equalise the histogrogram, match colour in photoshop, select the green and remove it from the edges.

Archived