Narrowband

Difficulty downloading 'Fits Liberator'

oldannie

At the moment I use DSS to stack and photoshop cc to process.  My mono CCD produces fits files which won't open in ps. Though I can stack and convert to tifs in DSS if I want to look at individual fits files I have no way of doing that so have been trying to download 'fits liberator' to  my windows 10 laptop but having difficulties and not sure why?

Annie

Hi Annie

You might like to give the free AVIS FITS viewer a go:

http://www.msbsoftware.it/avis/

The Photoshop plug-in for Fits Liberator does not work on the most recent versions of Photoshop, the standalone version that others have linked to above "should" work ok but, it's not intuitive in that if you click on a FIT's file and say 'Open with Fits Liberator' or something along those lines, nothing much seems to happen, you have to go to the file menu in Fits Liberator and select 'Open' then navigate to and select the same file a second time, then it opens. This is the way it works on a Mac, not sure it behaves the same on Windows.

Anyhow, you will find the AVIS FITS viewer offers all that you want.

HTH

Have downloaded and installed Avis ok and will have a proper look at it tomorrow.  The link above to 'Fits Liberator'   was the one I have been using and I still had no joy with it.  It appeared in my C drive and the manual opened ok but when I tried to open the application it took me to something entirely unrelated in my D drive - very strange!

Many thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

Annie

Archived