Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Special Announcement - Star Party Keynote Speaker

Grant

It is with pleasure that I can confirm, that our keynote speaker slot this year is Dr. Matthew Bothwell, an outreach astronomer working at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge.

I had the pleasure of seeing Matt do a talk earlier this year and he is a superb presenter - I am very excited we have been able to book him to come along to the star party on the Saturday and he will be presenting his talk: "Monsters in the Dark"  - searching for the Universe’s most massive galaxies’.

Matt will hopefully be joining us for the Hogroast and (fingers crossed) some clear skies on the Saturday night, please make him welcome :)

This is our first time having a guest speaker at an SGL star party but this is our tenth year at Lucksall so we wanted to do something a little different, we hope you all enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

It is with pleasure that I can confirm, that our keynote speaker slot this year is Dr. Matthew Bothwell, an outreach astronomer working at the Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge.

I had the pleasure of seeing Matt do a talk earlier this year and he is a superb presenter - I am very excited we have been able to book him to come along to the star party on the Saturday and he will be presenting his talk: "Monsters in the Dark"  - searching for the Universe’s most massive galaxies’.

Matt will hopefully be joining us for the Hogroast and (fingers crossed) some clear skies on the Saturday night, please make him welcome :)

This is our first time having a guest speaker at an SGL star party but this is our tenth year at Lucksall so we wanted to do something a little different, we hope you all enjoy!

Fantastic news, Grant!!  This is very exciting and making an event I'm already looking forward to even more so.

Thank you and everyone involved in the organisation of this event for all your hard work.

Archived