SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sh2-188 The Dolphin Nebula - HaRGB by misstake

gorann

I had a few hours of clear sky on Friday night and could have a first light with my dual Esprit rig. I was aiming at Sh2-188, aka The Dolphin Nebula, a planetary nebula in Cassiopeia.

The moon was up so with the Esprit 150 with the ASI 071MCpro I was going for Ha (Baader 7nm) but after framing I forgot to turn the filter wheel and ended up taking 5 x 10 min of RGB (lum filter) before I realized my misstake and finally got 15 x 10 min of Ha before the clouds allowed me to go to bed. When I had a look at the RGB data it was actually not too bad despite the moon, but it had not risen too high at the time. I ended up using it with 50% Ha blended in to the red channel and with some Ha for Lum on the nebula. It is only 3.3 hours but I think that the shape of a dophin is at least quite visible.

I should get more data but probably at another time when I have more focal length of the rig.

To show how lonely this planetary nebula is out there I also thow in the image I got with my new Esprit 100 with the old Canon 60Da attatched and a 12 nm Astronomik clip filter. 38 x 5 min at ISO1600.

And finally a pic of the two Esprits sitting side by side.

Gain 200, offset 30, chip at -10°C.

20180928 Sh2-188 ASI RGB PS24smallSign.jpg

20180928 Sh2-188 60Da+E100 Ha PS6smallSign.jpg

20180930_170736_resized.jpg

4 hours ago, peter shah said:

A super shot Goran...looks so simple but at the same time not. 

1 hour ago, iansmith said:

You've got some nice detail there and good star colours. 

Cheers, Ian

Thanks alot Peter and Ian, much appreciated!

Archived