Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lord love rocket

Must Remember To Turn The Light Off

I always forget to turn the red dot light off on my finder scope, as the thing runs on a watch battery I don't think it will last too long. Does anyone know of a finder scope that will work with a skywatcher 1145 that uses AA or AAA batteries?

I always forget to turn the red dot light off on my finder scope, as the thing runs on a watch battery I don't think it will last too long.

Snip ............

I'm always leaving my RDF switched on, it drives me nuts.

Luckily my place of work sells them.

Paul

As I remove the red dot from the scope to pack it away I get to give a final check - amazingly its off most times - a thing that does not happen on other scopes. Maybe its a mind problem.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: - now THAT is a good idea and a great price.

PS We've all been there and keep returning too :)

Karlo

I'm guilty of the same sin of omission. I've found that the RDF will last quite a long time (days) left on, but not forever. For example, it won't last a month, as I just found out when I went to turn on the red dot, and it was already on.

I buy my batteries at a place (Radio Shack/The Source) that guarantees them for two years. I can get three replacements within that two year window, and I have used all of them.