Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at collecting Ha not gone to plan!

oldannie

The trailing looks like the mount has been guiding in three positions, and the movement looks like its all along one axis ...  you can see on the fainter stars three overlapping circles.. not sure what that means though.. I'd check balance as a starter

Dave

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the guiding issue needs sorting but, even without doing so, I suspect your Ha data will enhance your RGB. Because Ha stars are much smaller than red stars they will, even with pimple, probably lie within the boundary of the red stars so, if you add them to red in Photoshop's blend mode lighten, the defect will not show. Yes, you will have lost resolution in the Ha stack through smearing but, again, I suspect that there will be a considerable benefit to be had and, in working with what you have, you stand to learn a lot about processing.

As a general rule I'd make Ha subs longer with CCD but sort the guiding first, of course.

Olly

Thanks Olly that's very helpful info and I you're right about it providing an opportunity to learn a lot about processing irrespective.

Dave - thanks for your last message. The reply afterwards related to the message before yours - if that makes sense!

Archived