Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greeting from Derby!

Aethelstan

Hi all. I’m a sort of beginner, but have a little experience. I have an Astromaster EQ130 which I have used, but not as much as I would like. I am also a mature electrical and electronic engineering student, and have decided my dissertation project will be a computerised mount. I am in the research phase, so looking at the specifications of current computerised mounts, more specifically the accuracy, speed and power requirements. I will probably have lots of questions about the terminology and what people expect as a minimum in entry level equipment, but I will save these questions for more appropriate areas of the forum. I envisage my mount to be an alt-az type, so I would also like to make a camera that corrects for field rotation, but obviously my dissertation will come first.

Thanks all,

David.

Hi and welcome! Sounds like a brilliant project. Have you considered a DSLR mount that tracks the stars? I have an iOptron thing that does that and it would be a really neat project with smaller payload requirements.

Just a thought :) Keep us posted with your developments!

Archived