SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

comet stacking

brrttpaul

Hi guys, I mananged to take a few shots of 21P last night (havnt even looked at them yet) and it got me thinking, the plan was to stack the L,RGB in dss using the comet tab, but I will be left with 4 images then how would I align them in PI ? as the stars are going to be blurred. Is there a setting on PI to just target one star or in this case a comet?

I ran into a similar problem recently,  the result of RGB combined with the stars being fixed produces ( unless you have very short exposures)

1913093154_comettechnicolourRGBcolor.thumb.jpg.a3e14e881a2a399de6628b3bc9cec268.jpg

This is the thread.....

I did not attempt the fixed comet and blurred stars solution...personally that would still slightly irritate me on an image quality level. 

Somebody did mention using PS to remove the stars, add and align just the comet's RGB and then paste the stars back..... maybe PI does this as well ??

Good luck.

Sean

Archived