Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How close does light source have to be to end of telescope for flats?

6 minutes ago, martin_h said:

I park my scope on its side facing the obs wall. On that wall I have mounted an el panel, the scope is about 18" from the panel.

Thanks Martin. Does it have to be perpendicular to the light source?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Xiga said:

Just wanted to throw another option out there - Astro Pixel Processor. I've found it to be nothing short of amazing when it comes to calibration. Creating a Bad Pixel Map is a doddle too. It's my go-to program now for calibration, stacking and gradient reduction.  

I’m just going to buy this! Honestly you have a lot of praise for it and your images are incredible so I have nothing to lose. 

1 hour ago, martin_h said:

Its best to be to avoid gradients,  I set the park position to achieve this.

Thanks Martin, thats what I assumed.  It might just about be doable.  My shed doesnt point N-S, so when parked my scopes point towards one corner.  If I get them pointing towards one wall at 90dege, the CW shaft is very close to hitting the roof.  I may just need a simple TV bracket which can swivel.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived