Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

konstantinos75

Telescope hit the tripod during night astrosession

Hello

Last time I setup my astrophotography equipment in order to capture a target during the night while I was sleeping.

In the morning I woke up I saw to my frustration the telescope had hit the tripod legs. The route cause of this problem was that the system did not perform a meridian flip during the night.

My setup consists of

Skywatcher HEQ5 Synscan pro mount

Vixen VC200L telescope

SBIG ST2000XM ccd camera

I did the following

Launch ACP Observatory Control software

Connect to CCD camera

Connect to HEQ5 mount via ASCOM EQMOD

Start session

I would like to ask anybody who has experience with ACP + EQMOD what settings I need to configure in ACP and EQMOD in order to have meridian flip performed successfully and have a nice sleep during the night while the system takes astroimages on its own.

Thank you

Konstantinos

I don't know ACP, I use SGPro & it does it automatically, but there are settings in EQMod, under mount limits, where you can enable auto meridian flip...

Not sure about all the technical stuff but I bought an extension for between the tripod and the mount. No leg knocking now!! ? _20180809_192400.thumb.JPG.13a8ef09f97008c70cd61cee6318feb7.JPG

• Like 1