Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi everybody

Allegro Solemne

Hello everybody, 

I've looked into this forum deeply in the past 2/3 years so I think it's time to register and maybe give back something to the community :)

I live in the north of Italy, I'm more of a visual observer even if I try to take some photo with the staradventurer. I own an handmade 12" dobsonian, 2 small frac (80 mm and 70 mm) and 2 pair of binocular. 

Clear sky! 

Welcome Allegro. I am a fellow visual observer, so I look forward to hearing about your observing experiences. Are your skies good?

Perhaps you can post some pictures of your homemade dob in the equipment section?

Welcome to SGL.

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Welcome Allegro. I am a fellow visual observer, so I look forward to hearing about your observing experiences. Are your skies good?

Perhaps you can post some pictures of your homemade dob in the equipment section?

Welcome to SGL.

My skies are good.. well it could be better :) 

From my place (I live near a city) I usually observe the sun, the moon and planets. Now it's Mars time. I've recently attended a small conference about Schiapparelli's observations of the red planet so I'm trying to spot all of the features on the surface (like "canals" and such) . Not much luck, I can barely see some details in the polar region :)

My deep sky site is 80 kilometers (50 miles for most of you I think) from my city. The place can be really good (21.4+ mag) but the weather there is really unstable and I can't use it in winter and most of spring because of the snow. 

I'll post picture of my setup soon. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome. 

Archived