SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A chance to practice for Mars

Florence came and went and didn't take the humidity or heat away with her but, I wanted to see how to approach this planet since I missed opposition in July. It's not pretty and I could use some of those pointers fellas , I've got another week before the humidity drops off and it'll be time to go collecting data . I've not shot Mars with this ASI174MM cooled and definitely not using a efw. LRGB  2000 each channel. A lil' oversaturated to bring out both polar caps.

color Mars -2  8-19-18 ASI 174MM cooled.jpg

color Mars 8-19-18 ASI 174MM cooled.jpg

Thank you for saying that , I shot it with a used spc900nc a couple years ago at opposition and another OSC Levenhuk but, this cmos is pretty awesome ! I know what you mean about waiting for it to clear trees . I live in a" TREE " city  with old oak hardwoods everywhere , with limited FOV . I image what's in my FOV holes , learning how to get it done as I get more imaging time . I wish you luck on your planetary adventure.

Archived