SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What's a used C8 worth?

I have a Celestron C8 OTA with the Starbright XLT coatings and Fastar compatible that I am about to sell but for the life of me I can't remember what I paid for it! I seem to remember buying it (used) on a bit of a whim and have only used it myself once or twice. It's in great condition and I'll be throwing in some accessories such as dew shield, cheap eyepieces etc. A quick browse shows used ones selling from £300 to £500 which is quite a big difference in price.

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest a reasonable asking price.

I was thinking of subtracting 1/3 but the new price of an OTA is £1069 which would make the asking price £700 and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay that much. It's one of the reasons I've made this post.

I think I'll go with £450 ono and see if I get any interest. Thanks for the advice.

9 minutes ago, Steve789 said:

I was thinking of subtracting 1/3 but the new price of an OTA is £1069 which would make the asking price £700 and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay that much. It's one of the reasons I've made this post.

I think I'll go with £450 ono and see if I get any interest. Thanks for the advice.

Just noticed that you say it was pre-owned before you purchased it. £450 sounds reasonable.

Archived