SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nexstar 4SE MC firmware not flashing

Annamalai

Hi,

I'm using a nexstar 4SE computerized Alt-Azm scope. It's quite old one. I wanted to update the HC firmware to 4.21.It came with HC firmware 4.15 and MC firmware: 5.14. I downloaded and installed HC update software and updated the hand control to 4.21( I used NXS 4.21.bin). Before updating, hand control used to show Nexstar SE on boot, but now it shows Nexstar GPS. Everything worked fine though. Now I tried to update the MC firmware ( I chose 5.20), but during the programming an error poped up saying "An error occurred programming data at address 435" I tried again, this time I got different value and the progress would never cross 11%. I disconnected from PC, now there is a no response code of 16,17 when I try to slew the scope. And none of the motors spins. Please help! Now the telescope is completely not usable. I've tried to flash older version of firmwares for both MC and HC and nothing worked. When I check the version in Hand control, it shows the MC firmware version as 1.0. Please help guys!!

I update through CFM - Celestron Firmware Manager, which downloads and installs both HC and MC firmware once you have told it what mount you have. I have just looked on Celestrons 'manuals & software' page and CFM doesn't appear, so I am at a loss!

I can only suggest you try connecting everything up and turn things on in the correct order and try again!

Sorry I can't be of more help! Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Good luck; I hope you get it sorted soon.

Archived