Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small ED/APO for astro/birding?

Hello,
Hello,
I am considering buying a small refractor ED or APO lens for wide field observations (not to use it as a big magnification  telescope), for those nights that there is not much time and that with the Maksutov I have to wait for it to cool, rather to take a quick look at the Moon, or  some clusters of stars,and regions with nebulae as for example in the summer Milky Way..but also to use it as a spotting scope for terrestrial use and birdwatching .. (logically with good weather), I know that there are some very expensive (for my budget) as the Televue or the Takahashi ... these are out of my pocket, I have seen that there is the refractor TS Photoline FPL-53 60mm / F6 , and also the refractor TS ED70 / 420 (INED ED70) that I think has FPL-51.;
I would like to know your opinion about these two small refractors, or if you know some other interesting modesl ..
In your opinion  in these sizes is best  60mm or 70mm? I believe that an 80mm is already too big for what I want it ..
The better lens FPL-53 worth , or  the FPL-51 is plenty of satisfaction for visual image?
Thank you very much
Paul
Paul

Archived