Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your Orthos

Timebandit

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/03/2018 at 13:54, mikeDnight said:

I'm not sure about the rest of the Kson/Super Abbe line but the 16.8mm's are very nice with longer scopes. In the FC100DC I use them in the binoviewer with a 2X barlow, and they are sharp to the edge. In mono use at F7.5 (without a Barlow), they are not too good around the edges. I did buy a set of Fujiyama orthos and they were more transparent, but I think they were a faulty batch, as all but the 9mm had a major edge distortion issue. Terrific on axis but as jupiter moved only one diameter off centre field, the image fell to pieces. I'd like another set but am nervous about buying another floored set.

Mine were from Astrograph Mike - slightly cheaper than normal price as I bought them at Astrofest - but am sure they'd check to be sure anything they supplied is in full working order. A well respected retailer. What has surprised me is the relative user-friendliness of the 6mm. Last 5-6mm ortho I looked through had impossibly short eye relief. This one is perfectly usable. I like them very much.

Just now, Saganite said:

So you should be Paul, that is one heck of a bargain ( I saw the ad )  and a beautiful collection, well done...:headbang:

Im usually not that lucky,i actually had most of them at one time,but regretably sold them.

23 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

Enjoy using those Paul, I had been keeping my eye out for some of the BGO's for awhile, beat me to it too.

I think it was really who ever was lucky enough to send a message first as i am sure there was a lot after me.

35 minutes ago, Alan White said:

But I don’t, I live in the South East ?

But it didn't stop you beating me to that XW10  now did it...........grumble ,grumble....:grin:

Mighty quick on the draw that time Alan....:happy11:

26 minutes ago, Saganite said:

But it didn't stop you beating me to that XW10  now did it...........grumble ,grumble....:grin:

Mighty quick on the draw that time Alan....:happy11:

Fastest mouse in the South East me.

Steve, I had not forgotten, sorry fella.

Archived