Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your chance to talk to a flat earther

melsky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ant said:

The Earth isn't flat? I didn't realise that this thread was supposed to make sense.... sorry about that ?

lol

Well we were in Spain last week and The Earth looked craggy with all those high mountains. Now back to where I live in The Lea Valley The Earth looks mighty flat. ? 

6 minutes ago, PaulM said:

They have made a 4 hour video to try to justify\prove something that isn't true - they have a lot of time on their hands

If they are charging admittance to these shows there not as daft as they make out

There is I believe growing doubt that the speed of light has remained constant throughout the ages. If this is true then they may not have that much time on their hands. Time whizzes by for me. 

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Martian said:

There is I believe growing doubt that the speed of light has remained constant throughout the ages. If this is true then they may not have that much time on their hands. Time whizzes by for me. 

I would assume watching this video would induce massive time dilation as the speed of light slowed down significantly and the 4 hrs feels like 4 months

I used to TALK to people with significantly ODD beliefs...
They were called Friends and Relatives? lol. Most of them
harmless enough... But that was before the internet... ?

TBH, it's the "mainstream" craziness that worries me. ? 
N.B. This is notably and very wisely not discussed here...

There are indeed many strange beliefs out there. Not just flat earthers. As an example I give you these little items of strangeness from the US.  ?

An elite cohort of reptiles rule the earth, and Justin Bieber is among them.

A Public Policy Survey in 2016 found that nearly 12 million people believe that an elite class of space-traveling lizards rule the earth. Among these lizards is Justin Bieber, who was reported earlier this year shape-shifting mid-concert into a giant reptile with "big scaly claws" and "a black stripe down its middle."

NASA knows about a second sun, and they've hidden it from us.

When NASA reported the discovery of a Planet 9 in 2016, astronomer Paul Cox took to the internet to speculate that the planet was actually a second sun. In a live video posted to a robotic telescope service site called Slooh, Cox examined Mercury's transits and pointed out a second sun. "NASA and other organizations, they usually hide that stuff away from us," Cox said. "They don't tell us the truth, but there it is."

And couldn’t resist posting this old map of the earth.  ?

8A534498-2A44-4DB2-8128-50F6E5AD303F.jpeg

20 minutes ago, johninderby said:

A Public Policy Survey in 2016 found that nearly 12 million people believe that an elite class of space-traveling lizards rule the earth. Among these lizards is Justin Bieber, who was reported earlier this year shape-shifting mid-concert into a giant reptile with "big scaly claws" and "a black stripe down its middle."

Wasn't lizard people being in charge one of David Icke's things?

James

4 hours ago, Grumpy Martian said:

This always sounds like a witch hunt. Similar to the "Out of bounds" debate on Ufo's and no talk about the origins of the universe that may incorporate God's involvement. Be happy that you know your truth. 

Grumpy, I kind of get your point - if it was that each should be entitled to their own beliefs, but aren't we talking about irrefutable facts here, rather than beliefs? 

However, I would agree a live-and-let-live philosophy is a good approach to this topic - and like I said before, no amount of arguing is going to make a difference ☺. 

The Chester flat earth society has been publicising it's philosophy around town and on social media. Although their arguments are outrageous to us I've been surprised by their sincerity. Our immediate instinct is to out argue them but I honestly don't think they deserve simple ridicule. 

I was told that Elvis Presley lives in a London Route Master bus on the backside, sorry dark side of the moon. He survives on water from an artisian well and grows carrots on his Luna allotment. 

Please don't break my heart and tell me that this ain't so! 

"Blue Moon of Kentucky" 

1 minute ago, Grumpy Martian said:

I was told that Elvis Presley lives in a London Route Master bus on the backside, sorry dark side of the moon. He survives on water from a well and grows carrots on his Luna allotment. 

Please don't break my heart and tell me this this ain't so! 

Statistically more likely than the earth being flat... ?

The world is round? I thought it was a sphere?

"Educated people have therefore accepted that the world is round for more than half a millennium, with modern claims to the contrary only developing as an organizational creed when Samuel Shenton founded the International Flat Earth Research Society in 1956."

Interesting article but it also quotes

When Kyrie Irving was challenged about his flat earth beliefs, he replied:

“Is the world flat or round? — I think you need to do research on it. It’s right in front of our faces. I’m telling you it’s right in front of our faces. They lie to us… Everything that was put in front of me, I had to be like, ‘Oh, this is all a facade.’ Like, this is all something that they ultimately want me to believe in… Question things, but even if an answer doesn’t come back, you’re perfectly fine with that, because you were never living in that particular truth. There’s a falseness in stories and things that people want you to believe and ultimately what they throw in front of us.”

Flat and round are the same thing! ?

Archived