Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your chance to talk to a flat earther

melsky

Looks like some the flat earth believers are on the offensive and touring the UK, they’ve put out a list of dates and places so I thought it would be nice if they had someone with an alternative viewpoint to talk to, anyone fancy it?

You can see some of what they’ve been up to here https://www.youtube.com/user/roxanne291

Here is their schedule-

Newquay 21-Sep

Barnstaple 21-Sep

Bath 22-Sep

Bristol 23-Sep

Newport 24-Sep

Swansea 25-Sep

Milford Haven 26-Sep

Snowden Wales 27-Sep

Holyhead 28-Sep

Dublin 29-Sep

Cork 30-Sep

Limerick 01-Oct

Galway 02-Oct

Belfast 03-Oct

Ayr 04-Oct

Glasgow 05-Oct

Oban

Tobermory 06-Oct

John O Groats 07-Oct

Thurso 08-Oct

Stromness 09-Oct

Kirkwell 10-Oct

Stromness

Inverness 11-Oct

Aberdeen 12-Oct

Perth 13-Oct

Stirling 14-Oct

Carlisle 15-Oct

Newcastle 16-Oct

Middleborough 17-Oct

Scarborough 18-Oct

Hull 19-Oct

York 20-Oct

Leeds 21-Oct

Huddersfield 22-Oct

Doncaster 23-Oct

Stoke-On-Trent 24-Oct

Nottingham 25-Oct

Leicester 26-Oct

Cambridge 27-Oct

Ipswich 28-Oct

Chelmsford 29-Oct

Oxford 30-Oct

Swindon 31-Oct

Weymouth 01-Nov

Yeovil 02-Nov

London 03-Nov

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with that! I'd be interested in having an actual discussion with a flat earther. I've been studying this phenomenon lately, trying to understand why and how it works. It seems that this problem is mostly present in the USA, which doesn't really surprise me, when you think of all the other conspiracies that are born there (Kennedy, the Moon landing, etc.).

The problem is that these people are in denial, and impossible to reason. I see people trying everyday, and these attempts always fail. They'll reply "prove it" to everything you say (of course I personally can't prove that we went to the Moon), ask you if you actually designed the tools you might mention (like cameras, lenses...), and, of course, misdirect the discussion to avoid answering questions (because they can't).

I was disappointed to see that SpaceX didn't invite any flat earther on their trip to the Moon, so that he could witness with his own eyes that the Earth isn't flat and spread the word to his flat-minded friends... ?

11 minutes ago, Space Oddities said:

I was disappointed to see that SpaceX didn't invite any flat earther on their trip to the Moon, so that he could witness with his own eyes that the Earth isn't flat and spread the word to his flat-minded friends... ?

You don't honestly think the rest of them would believe the word of someone who had been gifted a once-in-a-lifetime trip by those round-earth puppets of the government, do you? I wouldn't be at all surprised if the flat-earther in question didn't think his own trip was a hoax... 

Please don't be mistaken into thinking you can talk any sort of sense to these people. Any. At all. 

Anyone know how they explain that Orion is 'upside down' in Southern Australia? 

? 

Ady

7 hours ago, adyj1 said:

Anyone know how they explain that Orion is 'upside down' in Southern Australia? 

Well, they say a Moon eclipse is not due to the shadow of the Earth, but a mysterious dark object going in front of the Moon... So there must be an explanation for that too, and I can't wait to know it! ?

16 minutes ago, Space Oddities said:

Well, they say a Moon eclipse is not due to the shadow of the Earth, but a mysterious dark object going in front of the Moon... So there must be an explanation for that too, and I can't wait to know it! ?

Dark matter ?

Only watched a bit, but the argument at that section was that  a guy had managed to view things a long way away that should not have been visible if the earth was curved. Hmm.

Some people can be hard work. I have better things to do.

Thanks for the link

gaj

This always sounds like a witch hunt. Similar to the "Out of bounds" debate on Ufo's and no talk about the origins of the universe. Be happy that you know your truth. 

Archived