SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Going off road in search of dark skies

Synchronicity

An interesting article from ESA

"An out-of-this-world mobile observatory, developed in collaboration with Nissan Design Europe in London, UK, was unveiled at the 2018 Hannover Motor Show this week, proving that the sky is never the limit. "

http://www.esa.int/About_Us/Welcome_to_ESA/Going_off-road_in_the_search_for_dark_skies

Michael

I'd have thought it would have wind-down legs or something like that to stabilise the trailer, but I can't see anything that looks likely.

I wonder if the fact that it's a "concept" vehicle means that it's stuffed full of features they thought would be cool, but doesn't really address the practical issues of use?

Could be a nice idea for star parties though :D

James

8 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

New concept?!!!!!  Sorry, but we've had a "mobile observatory" for some years now!

Thank you Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner.!!?

Les.

berlingo.jpg

Hopefull will be my next ride. Brilliant cars and very adaptable. I know someone who has kitted it out as a mini campervan, another uses it for their gardening business.....  :)

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:36, Wyvern said:

New concept?!!!!!  Sorry, but we've had a "mobile observatory" for some years now!

Thank you Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner.!!?

Les.

berlingo.jpg

Been looking at the new Peugeot Rifter as a replacement for my old Kangoo.

Dave

Our Vauxhall Zafira also takes the 8" on its stand very easily.

Can't recommend it though. The last one was fab. We picked this one up cheap (but still new) as the end of the line. Should have been identical to the last. I don't know if they've knobbled it since the changes in the emission laws, but it's rubbish.

Anyway, couldn't help looking at the photos and thinking, "TURN THOSE LIGHTS OFF!" :D

Archived