Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When you receive your new to you HEQ5 and there's a bit missing.......

Moonshane

Or so I thought ?. There's a lovely design touch with the HEQ5 where the counterweight bar slides up into the housing and is hidden from view to muppets like me used to screwing it in with e.g. the EQ5. I wondered what the extra clutch lever was for..........

It's a really robust beast and a completely different animal to the eq mounts I have used before. Here's to many years of use and thanks to Ed for such a straight forward transaction. ?

2 minutes ago, James said:

I got that wrong many moons ago with my shiny new EQ6... this was pre my joining FLO, even had to email Steve to ask him where the counterweight shaft was. ?

Me too. Pre-FLO. Couldn't find the counterweight shaft. I think it is a rite-of-passage ?

Steve 

I love my Heq5 there great mounts, thay take load very nicely, I have a eq6 but after getting its baby brother ive lent or given to my son for the c8 he lent "was given a while back. for my summer duel solar/moon/planet imaging rig I'm 2kg over weight but it carrys it lovely with upto 3min sub on DS subjects. congrats, charl.

Congratulations on the new mount and for sussing out that first challenge. Good luck with the next challenge when you set the mount up outside and start to polar align with the inbuilt polarscope... but I can’t see anything through the  polarscope.... we’ve all been there!!!

I thought the EQ5 was a well built mount (and it is) but this mount is wonderfully built and stable platform. I am certain it will carry my 120 Equinox or my 6" f11 newt with ease. It makes me want to make a pier in the spot where my observatory will eventually be built.

Archived