Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge.thumb.jpg.b7f10f594317507d0f40662231b0d9a8.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
BRADLEY 1953

150mm Helios F8 Refractor for sale

Hi  everyone,  I also have a 150mm Helios Refractor for sale. As I now have an  AP 155mm F9 Starfire APO, i  rarely use the Helios, perhaps only once in a blue moon. It is still in excellent condition, but unfortunately, there are a few small areas of mould on the OG, this could easily be removed by a competent individual, but as it does not appear to effect the performance in anyway, I cannot really be bothered, and prefer to let sleeping dogs lie. However, it can still deliver excellent images of the planets,  tack sharp as they say in the states, although the moon on high power is noticeably purplish in hue. I am asking only £100 ono, (buyer to collect) for the telescope, it would be nearer £200 if the objective was free from mould. Incidentally, I have used the refractor recently as a solar projection scope, either at full aperture or stopped down. If anyone is really interested, further details are available.     Best wishes   Chris.    

• Like 1

Thanks for the photos Chris - I have sent you a PM on the scope :smiley:

That looks like a great deal for someone skilled enough to clean those lenses. Sorry it cannot be me!

1 hour ago, Special K said:

That looks like a great deal for someone skilled enough to clean those lenses. Sorry it cannot be me!

I'm interested in having a go at it - just need Chris to notice my PMs ! :smiley:

• Like 1

Hi  John,   apparently you have not received my reply to your recent email . It appears the fungal growth is located on the front surface of the rear element ?     Chris 

14 minutes ago, BRADLEY 1953 said:

Hi  John,   apparently you have not received my reply to your recent email . It appears the fungal growth is located on the front surface of the rear element ?     Chris 

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that - I wonder why I'm not seeing your replies ?

Can you see my private messages (PMs) on this forum ?

I included my e.mail address in one - perhaps that will work better !