Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Dark Shark

petevasey

LDN 1235 is a dusty area in Cepheus.  I hoped to capture it last week at Kelling Heath, alas conditions did not play fair at all.  But unexpectedly last night the sky cleared well for a few hours after midnight and I was able to collect a reasonable amount (tho' not enough - there's never enough!) of data before the sky started to lighten.  The popular name is pretty obvious! North is up. Poor forecast the rest of this week then a full Moon.  But Cepheus stays high for a few months, so hopefully I'll return later in the year for more data.

QSI 683 on TS 65 quad.  Luminance 9 x 10 minutes, RGB each 3 x 10 minutes, all binned 2x2

Cheers,

Peter.

1565982901_LDN1235.thumb.jpg.5d1128f2c4851b908d4e4f9933b9b67a.jpg

Well done Peter, nice and smooth - at least you have got it.  I will have to wait for my next astro camp trip so i can get to some dark skies to start this.  As you said at Kelling it looks like a large target.  

As a personal preference I would increase the colour slightly.

Carole 

Archived