SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC-7000

Rodd

3 hours ago, morimarty said:

Thats a beauty Rodd. I love the colour palette  I would really like to know your mapping details on this one?

Thanks morimarty.  I used a straight HaSHO mixture  (Hubble Palette with Ha added as luminance).  

Rodd

Thanks Gav.  As usual, I have tweaked a few details in my efforts to capture depth.  I managed to impart RGB like color to the stars (most of them), and I cleaned up the red channel a bit as it was the grainiest (least amount of data).  Those tweaks were fine--but I heightened the contrast a bit and that is hat I am questioning--have I lost that gentle softness?

Rodd

465088295_HaSHO-1-replace5a-RBstars-TGVRed5a.thumb.jpg.b8b2ea02bc3673b347f2895790754df4.jpg

6 hours ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image. You've managed to keep the dark nebula between the NA and Pelican, fluffy and thin. You don't see that often. ???

Thanks Wim.  The addition of SII really gave it some depth.  In an Ha image you have to struggle to realize the dark nebula between the NA and pelican nebula is foreground dust and not background space.  With the full colored version it becomes quite obvious.

Rodd

Archived