Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

3D Printers


Thalestris24
 Share

Recommended Posts

That is Prusa's original & its somewhere on the site https://www.prusa3d.com/  I think they are buried in the kit section of the original Prusa I3 MK2, but you would need to modify it for your particular power supply and any switches\indicators you want to fit....   If you can get past its 'interesting' search functionality, you can usually find a starting point at https://www.stlfinder.com/

I found the originals for you   https://www.prusa3d.com/prusa-i3-printable-parts/

 

Edited by Dr_Ju_ju
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Still debating, anyone know what these Prusa Clones are like? https://ebay.us/z52Tnn

I'm not keen on this:

"Buyers are requested to solve the customs clance problem themselves. If they return due to customs clance, all the costs incurred will be borne by the buyer."

James

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I'm not keen on this:

"Buyers are requested to solve the customs clance problem themselves. If they return due to customs clance, all the costs incurred will be borne by the buyer."

James

Yes James, but the seller is in Stoke: -

mohammad yaser
19 Josiah Wedgwood Street
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
ST1 4DG
 
So no customs issues to worry about as eBay will be on your side.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the page also says:

Free Economy Delivery from outside UK
International postage of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.
Item location: Multiple Locations, China
 
So I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  On something cheap I might not worry too much, but at more than £400 I'd expect the vendor to have taken care of all that hassle for me.
 
James
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tingting44 said:

3d printers seem to have gone up in price! over £400 for a clone prusa.....i think i paid £90 new for my anet a8 3d printer couple years back

If I was buying now I'd probably go for a Creality Ender which would work out cheaper than the kit I bought and much less than £400.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks All, was worth asking.

Btw if a seller states their full address is in the UK then I have successfully been awarded against the seller and to not to bother returning if something goes wrong and I get a full refund. It’s happened a few times.

So that part never worries me, I was more interesting in the quality

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been really happy with my Creality printer. Except for the last week where it seems to have started over extruding and clogging up the hot end badly. That I think was a symptom of the motherboard failing, which it finally did yesterday. Today I'll find out what the retailer's after sales service is like as it is still under guarantee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mognet, which model? Where did you buy it from out of interest?

I got my Ender 3 from Technology Outlet and when the extruder drive arm broke they sent me a whole new assembly without quibble.

Edited by haitch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, haitch said:

Which model? Where did you buy it from out of interest?

I got my Ender 3 from Technology Outlet and when the extruder drive arm broke they sent me a whole new assembly without quibble.

It's a CR-10S, and that came from Technology Outlet too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mognet said:

It's a CR-10S, and that came from Technology Outlet too

You should be ok with after sales then. How are you finding that model (aside from the MoBo problem)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been producing good results for me. Even better now I've ditched their slicer and got the latest version of Cura which has profiles ready for it. Had to tweak the settings a little for retraction, but other than that it produces some really good quality prints. It might be a little big for some people though as the build volume is 300x300x400mm so it takes up a bit of space for everything. Fans are a bit noisy too but not a problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased my Ender 5 round about October last year and I cannot fault it. It's worked straight out of the box without any tweaking and the print quality has been excellent.  It was sourced from Amazon and the price was very competitive. 

Jim 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pleased with my Ender 3 too - PLA works out of the box and, as I keep it in one place, bed levelling isn't an issue. Other materials can be hard work - PETG can be a bit annoying if it has a large base due to warping and if you don't get the temp right stringing is annoying but TPE (and I imagine any flexible) is the hardest thing I've come across to try to print with so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Though this might be of interest.

Carbon Fiber Webinar This Thursday
I wanted to make sure you knew about our live webinar this Thursday, where I'll be talking with Gary Kuzmin, President of All-Axis Robotics. 
We'll be discussing applications, techniques, and tips for using 3D printed carbon fiber to replace more traditional metal parts. 

Date: Thursday, May 28th 
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern  (16:00 BST)

If you can’t attend this webcast, a recording will still be sent to all those who register.

https://pages.makerbot.com/replacingmetalwithcarbonfiber.html?utm_source=marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20-WW-PRO-CarbonFiberPartsWebinar&utm_content=nurture

Edited by johninderby
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/05/2020 at 15:30, Jkulin said:

Yes James, but the seller is in Stoke: -

mohammad yaser
19 Josiah Wedgwood Street
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire
ST1 4DG
 
So no customs issues to worry about as eBay will be on your side.

The add also says they ship direct to customer from China.

In actual fact it probably is a pretty decent printer, after all most arts of any other printer comes out of China originally. 

But not much good for a first printer when they state:

image.png.3bf1f151c1b818829cd86a06a0c2ac30.png

But, it is a pricey item and unlikely to get past customs without them charging duty and also post office then charge their bit for some paperwork. At the end of it you have a reasonable printer but probably no after sales service, no chance of returning without a great deal of hassle and after the customs get their bit not that much cheaper than a genuine Prusa with excellent after sales.

Many good printers out there for similar price without buying direct from China, Creality also great printers but many others.

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/05/2020 at 03:03, Jkulin said:

Thanks All, was worth asking.

Btw if a seller states their full address is in the UK then I have successfully been awarded against the seller and to not to bother returning if something goes wrong and I get a full refund. It’s happened a few times.

So that part never worries me, I was more interesting in the quality

That's good to know, but still would be a hassle if customs want their bit .

steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

The add also says they ship direct to customer from China.

In actual fact it probably is a pretty decent printer, after all most arts of any other printer comes out of China originally. 

But not much good for a first printer when they state:

image.png.3bf1f151c1b818829cd86a06a0c2ac30.png

But, it is a pricey item and unlikely to get past customs without them charging duty and also post office then charge their bit for some paperwork. At the end of it you have a reasonable printer but probably no after sales service, no chance of returning without a great deal of hassle and after the customs get their bit not that much cheaper than a genuine Prusa with excellent after sales.

Many good printers out there for similar price without buying direct from China, Creality also great printers but many others.

Steve

Thanks Steve, Much appreciated, yep I'm to hang fire until I have enough to put together for either a Prusa or Similar quality with good support as I fear I will need it.🤪😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on the Creality CR-6 SE?

I ordered one at the start of the Kickstarter campaign, it'll be my first 3D printer and the self leveling sold it for me as it'll have to be moved each time I come to use it.

I realise I'll have to pay VAT and Parcelforce's clearance fee, but it was a cracking price, does anyone know what duty is charged on 3D printers?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.