Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Has anything changed on SGL? Tablet slow!

The Admiral

28 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

I'm finding the forum slow and sticky on my Android tablet. Taps seem to result in hanging. Anyone finding a problem?

Ian

I had exactly this yesterday on my Android phone.  Not checked on it today.

Just to add, a long standing issue I've had that I get only with SGL. When I'm replying to a PM (possibly also to a thread, but I'm not sure on this), occasionally the site hangs and my tablet re-starts. Sometimes this occurs more than once during a reply, though for most of time it doesn't occur. I've had this for many months now and just live with it, or use my laptop when it gets frustrating!

I'm on Android 4.4.2. I use Chrome 58.0.3029.83

Ian

Edit. I forgot to mention that using emojis is a no-no! The tablet can't take that at all. They worked before all those redundant emojis were added.

11 hours ago, Geoff Barnes said:

I must say I do find the forum is very slow on my android laptop, sometimes when I'm typing a post I have to wait about half a minute for the text to catch up. Typing this currently on my iPad and all is fine.

I've never had anything that bad Geoff. Thanks for your comment.

Ian

Goodness it's bad today! I had the tablet shut down on me today during a reply to a post, and it seems to hang frequently. For example, page refresh gets part way through and seems to stall, I had a lot of trouble uploading files (pdf), where uploading just went on  and on with other files waiting in the queue (and that's with my Win7 desktop). Sometimes I got a warning there was a problem loading the file. I've had difficulty opening my Notifications, where it just wouldn't respond. Opening threads opens the thread but the spinning arrow keeps spinning. But it is intermittent. I hope this clears up soon as I'm getting impatient with it!

Ian

I'm still affected. In fact the tablet is now impossibly slow and I've more or less given up using it. Pages load only so far (the 'blue line across the top) and seem to stall. My laptop is also slow, but just about usable, and my PC is slow and usable.

I shall report it to admin.

Ian

Archived