Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

garryblueboy

COMPLETED - 16” Custom Made Dobsoion For Sale (NOW SOLD )

This is a Tough decision I recently got this wonderful Custom made 16’’ inch Dobsonion after longing for a quality one,  then along came a scope I owned many years ago For sale and had to let go due to financial reasons. I know I would probably never get another opertunity to own this rare scope again so I purchased it And i do need a new mount to mount it and need to fund it some how so  up for For sale is this fantastic Dob don’t be put off it really is quite portable and managble in sections far easy than a Flex -tube from Skywatcher it will go through standards doorways no problem 

16’’ inch F4.5 Custom made Truss Tube Dobsonion  it glides when pushed and those little nudges are really smooth it comes complete with feather touch sips focuser which has the Televue paracore 2 built in  Theese cost over £1100 imported from the USA now 

OO custom spider heated 1 1/10th secondary mirror , scope cover , light shroud , the views are stunning and the build quality is up there with the best it holds Collimation very well all night even  and takes minutes to assemble and colimate and will fit in the back of most family cars for transport the mirror has some surface dust and dew spots etc but has not been cleaned and does not affect the views at all .

im looking for offers around £2k that’s around half it’s build cost . Viewing most welcome also help with delivery  Possable 

im open to trade or partex if it helps 

sale Pending 

E08D24C0-8D2D-4333-9DA4-D4820D456D79.jpeg

CF6592E0-DEE0-48C9-A56A-543623E54BC9.jpeg

E807CB37-D023-4B4C-B54B-39E4F84355E8.jpeg

70D17729-7358-46C4-8A13-3BCFB3B84576.jpeg

4E6494F2-9C97-4D51-B65F-DB8DABB4D3A1.jpeg

697DFDCD-742F-4801-8D60-0D0EA50624AC.jpeg

1BDB4CFD-4515-4712-B717-9CD60AC8E602.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
Update status
  • Sad 1

That's a bargain and no mistake. If I was still in the market for a decent size dob I'd have snapped it up. Bought a Lukehurst back in April. Very pleased with the views but by God is it heavy. What weight is yours ? 

Thanks It is a bargain the focusser cost over 1k the weight is good easy to mange can’t understand why no ones interested it’s as good as Sumerian or better I’d say and finished off so well real attention to detail if that refractor hadn’t come along I’d be keeping it for sure the views are stunning 

Now the nights are getting longer Garry ... someone will succumb ... resistance is futile 🙂

It's stunning scope. I think sales are generally slow currently. It's a big investment for most hobbyists. It's most definitely good value for money.

• Like 3

Final reduction if nobody’s interested I’ll put it to storage this is a seriously low price for this quality 

It would be ideal for something I have in mind, but sadly now is not the right time :(

James

It's a great price! I wouldn't lower it anymore, you'll only attract people who want it even cheaper (been there). Shipping to Greece will be a few hundred, definitely worth it. If you don't need the sips Panagioti, I'll buy it from you :p, just send to Ierapetra ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sagitta said:

It's a great price! I wouldn't lower it anymore, you'll only attract people who want it even cheaper (been there). Shipping to Greece will be a few hundred, definitely worth it. If you don't need the sips Panagioti, I'll buy it from you :p, just send to Ierapetra ..

Trust me it will not be going lower in fact it may go higher as I thought a quick sale would be good but looks like I can be patient so I’ll give a couple days more then who knows 

• Like 1

Wow, that’s an amazingly beautiful scope. It’ll make someone very happy indeed. 

11 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Wow, that’s an amazingly beautiful scope. It’ll make someone very happy indeed. 

Thanks Paul it sure will