Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Cjg

Replacement Foam for an Astro case

Does anyone know of a supplier of foam please? I’m looking to store my 125 frac in a hard case but need to replace the existing foam.

Plenty of replacement foam for sofas on the internet, but a recommendation of a trusty supplier would be good.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I regularly use a small flight-case manufacturer in Rickinghall near Diss , they have hard flightcase foam from 1/4" up to about 2-1/2" thick in 8' X 4' sheets ( can easily make thicker slabs by laminating)

Always helpful and happy to sell the foam seperately , and it's not expensive either.

14-17 Willow Farm Business Park , Stowmarket Rd , Rickinghall  IP22 1LQ.     01379 898898.

• Like 1

I've just ordered from https://www.efoam.co.uk/

they do all sorts of packing foam from 2mm to 50mm and will send you 3 samples for £5.

I'll post in the forum when I get it. I'm putting it in some Really Useful Boxes for carrying my mount head, guidescope etc.

Michael

• Like 2

I use Case & Enclosures, who I can highly recommend as I have purchased from them many times. Good prices and fast delivery.

• Like 3

I too, have used efoam and Cases & Enclosures as mentioned above.

Thank you everyone, very helpful and much appreciated. As I live just 25 miles away from @Steve Ward's suggestion, I'll be giving them a call on Monday.

Have a great weekend all,

Chris

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 08:44, Steve Ward said:

I regularly use a small flight-case manufacturer in Rickinghall near Diss , they have hard flightcase foam from 1/4" up to about 2-1/2" thick in 8' X 4' sheets ( can easily make thicker slabs by laminating)

Always helpful and happy to sell the foam seperately , and it's not expensive either.

14-17 Willow Farm Business Park , Stowmarket Rd , Rickinghall  IP22 1LQ.     01379 898898.

Hi @Steve Ward, just to let you know that these guys have moved to Leighton Buzzard now, their new web site and phone number is at https://condor-cases.co.uk/.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1