Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

I have a 2012 model HEQ5-PRO and it has the older reticule in the polar scope. Could anyone direct me if I can urchase a new polar scope reticule or a new polar scope with the latest reticule?

if you've got a camera compatible with sharpcap and you use a laptop i wouldnt bother. iv'e not tortured myself with the polar scope since i started using sharpcap polar alignment. 

42 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

if you've got a camera compatible with sharpcap and you use a laptop i wouldnt bother. iv'e not tortured myself with the polar scope since i started using sharpcap polar alignment. 

Thanks for the reply Anthony. Unfortunately, I live at 13deg latitude Bortle 7-8 sky (Bangalore City), which means that most of the dimmer stars around Polaris are all but invisible to Sharpcap as I tested it once when the feature was newly revealed. I therefore rely on my Polar Scope as well as DARV to get PA accurate.  

Not sure if you've sorted this yet but I recently upgraded mine to the new ridicule and use it in combination with skywatcher app, it works a treat.

Much more accurate the before, I use it in my heq5 and star adventurer mini.

Campbell

Polemaster. One of the most useful things I have ever bought.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bajastro
      Today after the midnight I recorded the spectrum of C/2020 F3 (Neowise). I couldn't change new diffraction grating  (300 l/mm) before the midnight in my Low Spec 2 spectrograph. I have printed second unmodified mounting for grating and I had to use it, because dispersion angles are different than the 1800 l/mm diffraction grating. It was also necessary to assemble and run the setup. Not all lines were identified, the spectrum is different than spectra published on the internet. The violet range is worse due to the poor correction of chromatic aberration in achromatic lenses in my Low Spec and my APO, so lines are weaker. Intensity hasn't been corrected. I think that this comet was too low above the horizon to do it well. This is also the first light with a diffraction grating 300 l/mm used in the Low Spec 2.
      Slit position, PHD2 screen:

Spectrum with stretched histogram, faint LP of my city is present in the background, 5x60s stack:

I hope that I correctly substracted LP from the comet spectrum.
      The result obtained in the BASS software:

We have carbon C2 bands, CN and strong emission of sodium doublet. Some lines are unidentified yet.
    • By SimM
      Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO Go-To Astronomy Mount
      With all accessories - as new February 2020
      HEQ5 Mount Head
      1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod
      2x 5kg Counterweights
      SynScan Handset & Cable
      12v Cigarette DC Power Cable
      Vixen-Style Medium Dovetail Bar
      Price £690 - buyer collects Hampshire
    • By Tenor Viol
      I am currently waiting for a nice shiny 100mm refractor to arrive... to put on my new HEQ5 PRO. 
      Meanwhile, lurking in the garage in a case that hasn't been opened in over 20 years is a 40 years old this year Celestron C8 - the original fork mounted type in orange.... I'm suspecting that in order to get say a long dovetail plate to fit to it will require some modifications? At 2,000mm f/10 it will be good for lunar and Jupiter and Saturn. 
      Has anyone any experience of doing this with the old style C8? It's fair to say I either lack the requisite skills or equipment to do anything more complex than screw/bolt things together, is if it is more than that, suggestions as to who could carry out any necessary modifications would be welcome. I realise DEC balance will be an issue on a GEM with an SCT...
      (In case you're wondering... back in 1980 when I bought it, there were no such things as dew straps, or much of anything else and I just found it not easy to use, eyepieces were ferociously expensive and I was a lowly bank clerk at the time, then I bought a house....).
      Ron. 

• By avodcap7
      Hi, I've been out for a few night now with my HEQ-5 Pro skywatcher mount. The problem is, when polar aligning, Polaris is clearly out of focus. How do I focus the polarscope?

Emilis
    • By knobby
      Hi All, wondered if you could help me make sense of this ... new HEQ5 - belt modded by FLO, all feels good, minuscule backlash but strange guiding.
      Admittedly first time using it but baffled.
      Failed calibration see image below and guiding seemed to be Ra and Dec following each other.
      Stars look ok ish (@ 1500 mm )
      Needle galaxy is poor as only about 10 mins each in RGB
      note - it was hazy and did keep losing star in OAG

Thanks for looking
      PHD2_DebugLog_2020-05-19_221608.txt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.