Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st half decent image after many months of issues

Wirral man

Not bad for a first attempt considering the run of luck you've been having. Is this a composite of three filters or H and O? Just read your response about stacking on the other thread. Nothing seems out of place there though I never select a best image in DSS. I follow the same pattern but run through the recommended settings and select what DSS suggests. There is a suggestion there asking if the images are narrowband? Did you stack the subs per filter and then combine in Photoshop? How long is the integration time?

5 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Not bad for a first attempt considering the run of luck you've been having. Is this a composite of three filters or H and O? Just read your response about stacking on the other thread. Nothing seems out of place there though I never select a best image in DSS. I follow the same pattern but run through the recommended settings and select what DSS suggests. There is a suggestion there asking if the images are narrowband? Did you stack the subs per filter and then combine in Photoshop? How long is the integration time?

yes narrowband the zwo set ha7 oiii sii i stacked each set one at a time in dss and also run through the recommended setting also,, as for times ,

asi1600mm cooled at 139gain 64 offset all subs were exposed at 150seconds ha=16 subs oiii=6 subs sii=4subs.

I use photoshop just loaded the 3 stacked files in flattened them all and merge channels set to rgb then do the normal levels and curves.

×I set the apt lights plan to run for 60 subs for each filter, but clouds came in and quickly decided to alter the plan to get some oiii and sii data so not ideal but just desperate to get something, i have made a mask in apt so when clear skys show up im going to grab more subs on this target and really build up some nice data.

Im still unsure why my calibration files are making things worse maybe just not enough light data so will see how things go but so far im just glad to have something lol thanks.

33 minutes ago, Wirral man said:

I use photoshop just loaded the 3 stacked files in flattened them all and merge channels set to rgb then do the normal levels and curves.

I may have misunderstood the way you did and also never did narrowband, did you set the images  to the r g b channels before flattening?like ha into the red channel, etc. It's just a guess, but others will help you out for sure. 

Archived