SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

MAK 127 with WO 2" dielectric diagonal

ahlberto

Is there any point ? - I would have thought that the limited size of the aperture at the rear of the Mak would cause vignetting if you tried to use a 2" eyepiece with it - or is that a misconception ?.

John

Think the intes-micro and the new SW MC black diamond have 2" diagonals,so...But the real motive is my dealer has one WO 2" dielectric for about 90€ and 90€ is a bargain

Is there any point ? - I would have thought that the limited size of the aperture at the rear of the Mak would cause vignetting if you tried to use a 2" eyepiece with it - or is that a misconception ?.

John

Ahlberto,

If you try to use a 2" diagonal on any of the Skywatcher Mak's you will need a 2" optical back and this will have an SCT screw thread.

Unfortunately Skywatcher didn't use the standard SCT thread on it's Mak scopes so you need a special converter ring such as the one below.

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/skywatcher-maksutov-to-sct-adaptor_d2526.html

--

Nartyn

Im asking this because when i order a 1.25 diagonal one month ago my local store he recieved a 2" diagonal by mistake.The guy from the store say he would sell me the 2" for the priçe of the 1.25 wich is about 90€ and i think is a good bargain.Now i want to know if it worth the effort of buying the adapters and if it fits on my sw mak 127.

thanks guys for your attention

Ahlberto,

I have a Skywatcher 127, I bought the MAK - SCT thread adapter, then I bought the SCT - 2" adapter.

I have not noticed any fignetting on any of my eyepeices. But they are all 1.25". I did notice vignetting with the 300D though.

Hope this info helps.

Ant

• 3 months later...

Hi all:-) I use 2 inch diagonal..especially with Swan 40mm which give power 37,5x and fov 1,8 ..someone ask what about vineting? So it`s visible but realy small:-) now my Mak 127 realy love most of DSo..

best regards

p.s sorry for my English

Archived