Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Foggy Session 10"dob

Eastman

Hello All,

This evening the sky was completely without clouds. So I hurry to get the scope out to cool down the mirror.

M57 First up for this night. Best view.150X

M13 This time was special, I saw the propellor WOOOW moment. 150X

NGC 6207 small spiral galaxy in Hercules, just a little lighter core visible.

M92 I like this Globular cluster a lot, nice bright but smaller core than M13. 150X

NGC 6229 NEW, smal Globular cluster in Hercules. 150X

The Veil Nebula Not bright at all, Only the broomstick showed some detail, the center pieces of the nebula not visible at all. The west part hardly visible. Darn the fog is slowly building up now. I hurry over to Cassiopeia cause there is one more nebula I want to see tonight. 37,5X

NGC 281 NEW the Pacman Nebula, well I found it but in these conditions only a lighter center of the nebula was visible, nice double star in there too. 37,5X

NGC 457 One of my alltime favorites the Owl Cluster a.k.a. Dragonfly or E.T. cluster.  Always enjoy this Dragonfly shape of this open cluster. 48X

M103 Open cluster. the sky really starts to become foggy time to end the evening.  

NGC 869 & 884 the great double cluster, Always a showpiece and a great object to end the night with. Would like to stay out longer but the conditions getting worse by the minute. Still I had a great time with even 2 new object and saw the propellor in M13 not bad at all for a foggy night.

Thanks for reading.

You made the most of the skies before they got bad. The propeller is great when you see it clearly. I caught it the other night but wasn’t that obvious, I guess seeing conditions make a difference to this.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 07:43, Stu said:

The propeller is great when you see it clearly

I've tried many times before but never succeed. But now I know where to look for next time.

I also like to try to fit M13 and NGC 6207 in the eyepiece next time. But I wonder if it will fit, NGC 6207 needs more magnification to darken the background.

Archived