SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Mac Observer says Hello!

Lead_weight

Hi All, 

I've been into astronomy all my life, but only about 2 years ago did I buy my first telescope! I'm also into Mac computers, and have been keeping a website to cover my foray into Astrophotography using Macs. Mac Observatory is the site. Anyhow, I've come a long way since starting with a NexStar 6SE during my first year. I since sold it and have managed to grab a few more scopes. An AT6RC, ES102ED FCD100, AT60ED, and a newly acquired Celestron C5 spotting scope. It's been a lot of fun so far. 

-Andrew

Welcome Andrew from another Andrew and Mac user. I use a MacBook for my astronomy but have a boot in both camps by running Windows as a virtual machine on it.  I've never quite made the transition as I'm using EQMOD, Backyard EOS and PHD in Windows to take images.  I'd like to make the transition though. Interesting website you have there. 

4 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

Welcome Andrew from another Andrew and Mac user. I use a MacBook for my astronomy but have a boot in both camps by running Windows as a virtual machine on it.  I've never quite made the transition as I'm using EQMOD, Backyard EOS and PHD in Windows to take images.  I'd like to make the transition though. Interesting website you have there. 

Hi Andrew :). Very cool. I bet you could also use Astro DSLR, PHD, and EQMac (a port of EQ Mod to the Mac) all natively on the Mac. 

Archived