SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Do You Have A Favorite Telescope

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favourite: I'm loving my 200p dob, the more I learn the more I want to see and the SE 8" lets me do it.

What to buy next? Probably a CPC 1100.

Fantasy scope: A Moonraker Teslar series built around an Istar 150 F12 R35 objective on an EQ8.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Fantasy would be something along the lines of a 4-5" triplet apo binoscope.

I don't really own any fancy scopes at the moment but they are all portable which means they get used quite a bit when its clear :)

I have owned a fair few scopes, some like the Antares 105 f15 was a bit rare, same as the TAL 125r..........but my keeper and still my favorite has to be the TAL100rs, this is my most used scope, my 150 pro mak is also a very good scope, and if i had to choose between it would be a tough call 

• 8 months later...

Definitely the CPC1100 for me - fantastic views, very comfortable to use during long sessions and dead easy to set-up and pack away.

For grab-n-go it would be my Celestron Omni 150 SLT Newtonian (the same as a SW Explorer 150P with a fancy paint job) which is a joy to use with nice sharp views.

Hi ...

My Favourite scope has to be the 12 inch Dob.

I have no experience with schmidt cassegrains due to the cost, however I have ordered A celestron CGEM DX EDGE HD 14 INCH SCT.

Hope its worth it and looking forward to getting to grips with it.

Rob.

I have no experience with schmidt cassegrains due to the cost, however I have ordered A celestron CGEM DX EDGE HD 14 INCH SCT.

That sounds like a great starter scope for your SCT experience :lol:

Based on what I see through my 11" SCT that should be seriously brilliant - enjoy!

I'm glad to see that there are so many TAL fans. Personally, I think that a 4" (ish) refractor hits a Lunar & Planetary sweet spot.

In a similar vein, I've just bought another Evostar 90 as a grab 'n go. Unbeatable at the price point.

So I guess you could put that down as my favourite!

Rather fond of my C8 Edge HD. It beats my old 120 ED on planets, and equals my old 200p Dob on DSO's. its also no slouch on galaxy/PN DSO imaging when reduced, and the whole thing is very compact and weighs just 5kg. I reckon it will do rather well at planetary and Lunar imaging when I get round to it as well. Not a bad all rounder if you don't mind being limited to 1.4 degrees FOV :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived