Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 752

mark81

I was all set to check out Lagoon and Triffid last night by the time it took me to grab the st80, clouds had rolled in.  I had a look at my star atlas and saw 752 was available.  Using my 15mm BST which gives x26 the entire 60degree FOV was full of faint subtle stars and as far as the fainter open clusters go - this one is well worth a look at low power, full of knots and strings of stars.  As an added bonus there is the bright double Andromeda 56 (which happens to be on my Astroleague binocular doubles list) 

Funnily enough I looked at this the other night in the 8 inch dob.  I'd never seen it before but it's a really open cluster withal you say, lots of eye-catching little sub groups. Definitely one that I plan to revisit.  I had it at about 50x with the Es 24mm 82. Looked nice in that. Easy to find, nestled between almach and the Triangulum constellation. Glad you felt it worth posting, kind of confirms my thought about how nice it looked and brought back a little memory of it. I followed it with a look at M34, another nice open cluster which is nearby.  

Thanks again for posting this.

Steve 

Archived