Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Witches Broom and Pickerings Triangle ,colour now tweaked

Beyond_Vision

This was imaged Tuesday night into Wednesday morning a total of 3 hours and 20 mins of exposure (24 x 500s )

Taken with a APM TMB 105, Televue 0.8 FF/FR, QHY8 CCD and guided with a 102mm Bresser/DSI-II using PHD. Stacked in DSS Log(Sqr Root) curves applied, Dynamic Background Extraction in Pix Insight LE and finished in PSCS3 with Noels Actions.

9642_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kev , a lovely widefield shot that . i,m with Martin on the color , but of course its how you like it really , but maybe a tone done a shade , lighter color soft tone . but otherwise great work as always Kev , hark at me the color king :):D but ya knows what i mean Kev.

Rog

I like it Kev, amazing what's out there really isn't it. The colour is a bit sharp but then it adds to the surreal aspect of it. We would never see it in 'natural' colour anyway so these shots are always subjective. By the way, which bit is the 'Pickering's Triangle'?

The detail is amazing,as for the colour,i think everyone has different ideas of what something "should be" like....me? well i'm just amazed at what is out there and how many weird and wonderfully coloured(and B&W) objects this forums hotshot imagers can keep coming up with. :)

A lovely image of the SN remnant Kevin. So much in it to see.

I believe there is a way to to view hidden devices within device manager.Perhaps you have a load of ghost connections residing in there. Perhaps one of our IT experts can advise you on this, or alternatively, tell me I'm talking drivel :laughing2:

Ron.

This came out really nice Kev. I'd agree with Martin on the saturation, but I really like the way the qhy has picked up the blue in the broom, this is something a modded DSLR wont do! At least not like that.

Blinky, have a crack at the Veil, you will be surprised how bright it is through the eyes of a camera, I'd be very surprised if you didnt pick anything up at all, even unmodded.

TJ

I like it Kev, amazing what's out there really isn't it. The colour is a bit sharp but then it adds to the surreal aspect of it. We would never see it in 'natural' colour anyway so these shots are always subjective. By the way, which bit is the 'Pickering's Triangle'?

It's in the bottom left hand corner :)

Regards

Kevin

It's in the bottom left hand corner :)

Regards

Kevin

Ta.

Archived