SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade Infinity 76 Telescope

I have purchased the Meade Infinity 76 telescope. The specs for this are D=76mm F=700mm f/9.2 and P/N 209009. It has come with two eyepieces. A 20mm and a 9mm.

I have also purchased a x2 Barlow lens too.

Is this telescope powerful enough to look at the various planets and stars.

Welcome!  Yes - I first saw Jupiter and Saturn with that 'scope.  You might not see much detail, but Saturn's rings and Jupiter's belts and four main moons are well within its grasp.  Stars - no problem - go for some clusters, dense groups of stars, again easily done with that 'scope!  And the Moon - you'll be very impressed!

Doug.

10 hours ago, Meldrew007 said:

I have purchased the Meade Infinity 76 telescope. The specs for this are D=76mm F=700mm f/9.2 and P/N 209009. It has come with two eyepieces. A 20mm and a 9mm.

I have also purchased a x2 Barlow lens too.

Is this telescope powerful enough to look at the various planets and stars.

I have a Vixen 70mm f/12.9 refractor for quick setup/grab and go. I can see Saturn's Cassini division from bortle 9 skies. 

I have a Meade Lightbridge 12 inch with the Explore Scientific 82 degrees eyepieces.  The camera I used is my Nikon D3200 and I record some videos in HD.  So far I got this picture of Jupiter (best so far).  Pretty sure you can see details with your scope Meldrew007.  Start with a DSLR camera and you will find out.  Good luck!

634864726_JupiterAutostakkertbest.jpg.68aa98fc7a691819dafb0df6d2dc97a4.jpg

Archived