SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2 Out Of 6 Doubles In Pegasus!

Well, it was looking quite clear early on, so I set up the 8SE.  I had six Pegasus doubles planned, all within a few degrees.  Did a quick alignment on Altair at about 8.30 (keen to start as ever), and checked with NGC 6910 (Inchworm Cluster) - bang on.  I still marvel at how much can be seen in the EP when there is hardly anything on show naked eye!  Saturn again - also spot on - low and fuzzy, but always a delight.

Cloud cover then began increasing, so I did a better alignment on Caph and Navi in a clear patch of sky.  

Then - rather optimistically - on to my doubles targets n Pegasus: 

Sigma 2978 - closely matched, 8.3 degrees - close, but clearly split at x56.  Better x102.

h 5532 - a triple, 0.6 and 58 degrees - I only expected to see two of these with ease, and did so at x56.  The two I saw were not a close match visually which I think might be due to the very close pair each being brighter than the third component.

So not a complete washout, with 2 out of 6, before - after an hour - there was more cloud than gaps.  (And I confess to enjoying using GoTo again.)

To be continued.........

Doug.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

You are still cracking through the sessions Doug, nice one. Just don’t try hugging the 8SE ;)

Thanks, Stu.  Re the 8SE - when I got it, it seemed huge compared to previous ones.  Last night, having recently had several sessions with the Bresser, it seemed like a cute little thimble, perched up there on its tripod!

Doug.

Archived