SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads up " Sky at Night " Sunday

Timebandit

14 minutes ago, DaveGarland said:

I see the guy who finished Runner Up on 'Astronauts: Do You Have What It Takes?' had a presenting slot (I missed his name). I liked him, it'd be nice if he was on there regularly.

His name is Tim Gregory. I thought he was good too. Down to earth kind of guy - excuse the pun! 

Steve

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Watched it, noticed that Pete Lawrence had what looked like a SW SA on a tripod but confused why anyone would want it fully extended, a foot or so off the ground would be better.

Two reasons. 1. The benefit from greater stability would have been trivial compared to the awkwardness of setup.  And 2. Sometimes extra height is required to see things which would otherwise be lost behind a hedge!

Pete

5 minutes ago, DaveS said:

And 3. Not everyone has a Polefinder on their SA. Trying to look through the Polarscope with the SA 1 foot off the ground is a bit difficult!

All I do is hold a DSLR right angled viewfinder up to the polarscope, no contortions.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

A good episode. Pete's section was interesting as I have my own meteor camera. You have to invest quite a bit if you want to have the same setup as shown on the program (£70+ for the camera, £50+ for capture dongle, £55 for cctv housing, £125 for UFOCapture software etc, plus electricity, plus better F1.0 lens, plus other bits and bobs). I'll stick with my raspberry pi +pi camera setup I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived