Narrowband

Rother Valley Optics

wulfrunian

FLO and Rother Valley Optics

I've bought from both of these companies within the last month. Just to say that both gave excellent service, including:

- very helpful staff on the end of the phone

- guidance towards the equipment that would suit me, not necessarily the most expensive

- in fact, no hard sell, even when a phone call didn't lead to a purchase

- information about which items were in stock

- delivery prompt within a day or two

Will buy from either of them in the future with confidence.

• Like 3

Yet again RVO excel in service and price.:mad: I placed an order for a christmas box of a Skywatcher Hawk 1145pm with free dvd and bino's for £130 delivered. dispatched yesterday, delivered today at 1pm. First rate. Adam was clear with all details making it easier to order over the phone. Great service, great coms, great price. ;)

To all at Rother Valley Optics, merry christmas and all the very best for 2010. see you all in the new year.:hello2::icon_eek:

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Bought our first scope from RVO last week. As this was our first purchase we wanted the comfort of a shop and a person to talk to rather than a web site. And, as true newbies we had lots of beginner Q's :icon_eek: to ask and loads of things to learn about.

We visited, rang (several times!) and then visited again to make our final choice and buy. Throughout, RVO were exceptionally helpful, patient and knowledgable. We dealt mainly with Adam - lovely bloke, and once with Ian, also v.helpful.

We will definitely return when we need to buy more accessories etc. and can highly recommend them to anyone thinking of using them. :)

I bought a finder scope from RVO and they were easy to deal with on the phone. Goods were disapatched fast with no hassle.

Unfortunately the product went a bit pair shaped - not RVOs fault at all.

I always think the real test of a supplier is when things go wrong. RVO didn't disappoint and were very good at sorting things out with a refund.

I'd use them again because their service was fast and the guy I spoke to on the phone knew his stuff. When things went wrong they soerted it out with no fuss or stress - simple phone call and refund in the post by return.

Nice guys to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Ordered my telescope Friday not long before lunch , paid a little bit extra shipping as i was desperate to have it for next day. Arrived 9am Saturday morning. Excellent service , and all correspondance answered swiftly and genuine nice guys.

Will definitely use again for upgrades etc and would highly recommend for others.

Big thumbs up from me.

I can't give rother valley optics enought praise, in fact I've ordered from them again today (pair of EQ5 slowmo extenders and an SW 32mm Panaview EP) They have NEVER let me down, great service, great prices (and price matching) and always good advice.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Another positive for them.

I actually visited the shop about 4 months ago ( we don't have a local supplier that I know of round here - Oldham) and spent a LOT of time there (nearly a couple of hours) and took in my 'scope. I asked loads of damn fool questions but the guy there was v patient and gave lots of good advice.

Would recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just used both these companies within the past week and must say again both gave outstanding service. I doubt very much whether I would use anyone else, oh and Bern at Modern astronomy. Steve Durr

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent experience with RVO. Emailed them on Saturday requesting a price-match on Scopes 'n' Skies price on a 15mm Antares plossl (£19.99 incl postage). I received a reply same day, and they honoured their "price match promise". I ordered over the phone on Monday and received the eyepiece the next day (today). Couldn't be better in my book. :(

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

ordered scope yesterday online then came today good service friendly help on phone and i am now the owner of a skywatcher 150 all setup in living room gunna go and have a look outside soon!

great service and cant wait to go visit them in the future.

I was in Rother Valley Optics on Saturday to buy a laser collimator. They were very helpful and polite. They even seemed willing to let me play with the contents of their cabinet!

This is the third time I've purchased from them. Each time I've had the feeling they are genuinely interested in the hobby rather than selling.

Excellent service.

Another thumbs up for Rother Valley Optics...

Bought an eyepiece in their shop just after easter and didn't get around to trying it out until a couple of weeks later. Unfortunately there was a manufacturing defect in the coatings leading to a dark splodge in the field of view in use. Dropped them an email explaining the situation and they emailed back promptly saying I could post it back and that they would get a replacement in the post the same day. They were as good as their word - I posted the eyepiece to them on wednesday and the replacement was with me on friday.

I'll also add that I dealt with Adam when I was in the shop and for the return and he was most helpful both times.

Robin

• 2 months later...

Bought 2 prs of Binoculars

and a stargazers book from:

Rother Valley Optics Kiveton Rotherham.

Thanks to the Sale Assistant on the saturday morning

Very helpfull,

Very Patient

putting up with all my 1000's of Questions

10/10

I'll be back ;)

Chez

• 1 month later...

Just received a couple of new bits of kit - 90 degree mirror and a 2x Barlow from RV and TH respectively.

Both items were ordered on a Monday and they had both arrived by the Wednesday and were superbly packaged :)

I've had good experiences with TH, but I've not used RV before but i'll certainly be using them again! Good prices too - the cheapest I found my items anywhere.

B-B

• 2 weeks later...

My autofocuser controller box went faulty on Wednesday night, I immediately parcelled it up and put it in the post Thursday morning, lo and behold, this morning (Saturday) a new controller dropped onto my mat, now to me that is a level of service that can not be bettered! 10/10 for Rother Valley Optics and yet another reason why they will always get my custom.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to say that I've had fantastic service from Ian and Adam at RVO. They processed my order quickly, kept me informed of any changes, and have provided excellent after sales service too.

Their pricing structure is also very keen, and will always recommend them when the opportunity presents itself

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After receiving an invoice for my order stating the balance had been paid in full and the amount due was £00.00 i was shocked to recieve an e mail telling me my order would be sent to me when i paid an extra £20 for delivery to the Highlands.

Had i not received an invoice stating i owed them nothing i might have paid it but refused to pay the extra and cancelled the order.

I find this practice of asking for more cash after your order has not only been taken, but also paid for,a rather questionable way of conducting business and its the last bit of attempted business they will get from me.

• 2 weeks later...

This retailer has a web site. His location means that for me he has usually been a 'personal visit' supplier. Being near to a road I travel every month or so, it is nice to call in and see what is there.

Historically I have thought of this shop as offering a good range of products. Particularly useful when you want that adapter/bracket/add on. Seeing and handling things is far better than working from a web page. Over the years I have bought a lot of small items from there. That is small compared to a scope, but not necessarily small in the wallet dept.

I have also considered RVO to be a source of good advice on many astro matters, from Ian who runs the place. I have recommended this shop to quite a few people.

It is probably not a good idea to call in late afternoon for advice. I have made this mistake when they have been busy getting lots of parcels ready for collection by the carrier. We all expect next day delivery on web orders placed in the afternoon, and 100% attention in the shop!

My most recent encounter though has meant that a further condition has to be put on the 'recommended for advice' part of their service. Be careful who is giving the advice.

I was in the area, and on impulse decided to call in to talk about a guide system. I had not done any homework, or got any idea of what to buy. I just knew my smudged photos needed sorting. There was no sign of Ian. Just the the 'young lad' whose name I don't know. I explained the situation. He offered the Skywatcher Synguider and QHY5. Both are (in my view) good choices for a guide system. BUT that is where the recommendation stops.

He told me that the two devices used the same CCD. A bit of egg on face when the covers came off and the chips were obviously different sizes. Never mind the pixel count if you read the specification!

Then he told me that the QHY5 needed a computer for setup only, but once on target, would run standalone. I queried this because of laptop battery life. But it was confirmed that I could turn off the laptop. Sorry but the QHY5 gets it's power from the USB line.

Despite this, after reading up for myself, I returned another day and came away with a QHY5 in my pocket. RVO had given me a 'look and prod' at products so I felt a moral obligation to buy from them. But they had miserably failed to give accurate product advice.

I will continue to visit the shop. But if I am going to ask any questions beyond the price tag, I will make sure it is Ian who answers.

Dropped a pair of 20x80 binos in which had been clobbered out of collimation. Ian couldn't promise anything as they were a budget set, but he'd do his best to re-align them.

I received an email from Adam yesterday advising me they were done, and inviting me to come and try them.

An excellent job. At least as good, possibly better than they were when they were new. Fantastic service. Very happy indeed. :D